As I like to forage and share recipes, it occurs to me that I have used elder, probably more than most other. The uses seem almost limitless. I have posts to share in the mushroom berry and flower foraging sections … Continue reading
This is very simple, inexpensive, smells good and lasts well in the fridge. It is my own recipe and works for me.
candelilla wax (or beeswax that may smell different, not always pleasant)
Carrier oil, infused with honeysuckle from my garden
water, infused with rose or calendula is good. or green tea
you may want to check if you are using infused or essential oils that what you use will still be safe when mixed with other products; combinations of ingredients can change the properties.
If you use flowers they will need to be grown without chemicals!
I used olive oil which is heavy but my feet are extremely dry. I would use it again, for this purpose, in the past I have disliked it. You might prefer to use coconut or sweet almond oil
You will also need a blender, a stick one works too, I tried both and preferred the attachment in my counter top one for making mayonnaise.
1/2 cup infused/plain water at room temperature (or green tea)
4 tablespoons carrier oil
1 tablespoon candelilla wax
1 tablespoon of your favorite essential or infused oil
(This made a small jar for me, I found once or twice there was more water than needed I just tipped it off, maybe it had seperated a bit)
1. Add the oil and wax to a heatproof bowl
2. Set in a saucepan of water that reaches halfway up the side and heat on low just until the wax melts. Remove the mixture from the heat, and let it cool for one or two minutes only.
3. Pour the water into your blender and turn it on high. Slowly add your wax mixture to the water. It will begin to thicken and become creamy and rich as you add the last drops.
4. Once well blended, add your drops of essential/infused oil and mix everything together very well.
5. Pour your new natural lotion into a small jar, using a plastic spatula to get the blender as clean as possible, cleaning off the rest with your hands (you don’t want to put wax down your kitchen sink)
Your new lotion will last up to six months in the refrigerator. You can experiment using different combinations of essential or infused oils, ideal for gifts
‘Seasonal hand tied posy’; pick some flowers from the garden, put them in a jar on the kitchen windowsill. Instant cheer! Infintitely more environmentally friendly and definitely cheaper than buying them. I like to forage wild flowers, beautful and always … Continue reading